More dates will follow soon.
One rainy morning, an old man knocks on the door of a German family in the Black Forest. When he enters, he not only brings the past with him, but an entire different continent: The visit of this man, who claims to know Martha and her siblings from Africa, brings to the surface what had long been forgotten, repressed and concealed, and radically challenges the identity of every single one of them. Author, director and actor Dieudonné Niangouna is known for his strong imagery and powerfully eloquent theatre language. In 1997, he and Criss Niangouna founded their own theatre company in Congo-Brazzaville and since 2009, his work has regularly been presented in Europe, too. For this piece, his first work in Berlin, he wrote a new text for actors of the Berliner Ensemble’s company.
Casts & Staff
- Director and Set Designer: Dieudonné Niangouna
- Costume Designer: Alvie Bitémo
- Composition: Pierre Lambla, Armel Malonga
- Video Designer: Sean Hart
- Translator and Interpreter: Isolde Schmitt
- Dramatic Advisor: Katja Hagedorn